E.P.I.C. – EMPOWERING PURPOSE IN CHILDREN
On behalf of the staff at LaPlace Elementary school, I am happy to welcome you to the 2022 – 2023 school year. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our scholars can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that the successfulness of LaPlace Elementary School depends on the support they receive from both home and school. One of our goals this year is to build stronger and better partnerships with our families and community stakeholders. As partners, we share the responsibility for our students’ success and we want to do our best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
· Attends school daily and arrives on time, prepared for an EPIC learning experience
· Completes all homework assignments
· Reads daily to develop a love of reading and to improve literacy skills
· Shares school experiences with family and parents so that you are knowledgeable of your scholar’s school life
· Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area (academically and socially)
· Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and attend college or technical school
Please consider our school volunteer program as our student can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to LES’s program and operation. We seek volunteers in different areas such as cafeteria duty, making copies, or reading to students. Please feel free to speak to a faculty or staff member about volunteering.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact our school or your scholar’s teacher. In addition, a school handbook will be sent home in your scholar’s communication folder. It is very important that you are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year.
The wonderful staff here at LaPlace Elementary and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family, and you becoming a part of our innovative program. “At LaPlace Elementary, we are EPIC, Empowering Purpose IN Children!” We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Dr. Zina R. Jones